Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Gaza. A proper desciption of what is it like ..now

Sami Abdel-Shafi: The strife of a people stripped of dignity
The conflict in Gaza is led by ordinary people, sickened by the indignity they are made to suffer
Published: 03 October 2006

.....Israel has brought a new phenomenon to life in Gaza: "The strife of the undignified." This conflict is led by ordinary people who, whatever their convictions and professions, have been sickened by the severe indignity they have been made to suffer in their daily lives.
.....
.....The strife of the undignified is neither about the imposed financial bankruptcy of the Hamas government, nor about big hopes that a Palestinian national unity government would substantially alleviate the current financial strain....

The Independent Newspaper: online edition click here

3 comments:

Karin said...

Naj .. I really don't know what to say. What they de-facto are doing is dragging you all down to a level which makes you destroy yourselves so that they can say afterwards "we haven't done a thing" Look all - they did all that to themselves!"
What is written in these articles does terrify me .. what will be? How bad will and CAN it get? People are no robots but human beings .. how long will they be able to hang on? And then?
Naj, PLEASE stay strong!! It's not an empty word if I say I am sending you a LOT of love and many many hugs in the hope, they will help you to hang on! Be in touch .. will ya?
LOVE YOU ALL!

Chet said...

Like Karin I don't really know what to say, but can tell you my anger with IsraHell is getting short. I don't like to put others down but have posted on my blog about much what Israel has done against the US and it makes me sick to think that my country can let them get away with murder and blackmail. Murder in your country and blackmail in My country. Stay strong, I have to offer you is my moral support for now.

Dua' said...

It hurts a lot to see this happening when you are palestinian and away. Israel is succeeding in transplanting the conflict from the Isreal-Palestine level to Palestine-palestine leve.
I think we should be more aware..